Sunday, October 05, 2008

Fate Forced Me To Collect Chip 'N Dale "Dole Whip" Pin

OK, so here's the story. During the "Expedition Pins" pin event this past May, there were pin games in which you go to 4 different pin station and randomly pick an object that contains a pin in it. Whatever pin that you selected was your gift. With my rotten luck, out of the 4 different games that I played, I got 3 IDENTICAL pins. All 3 were the Chip 'N Dale "Dole Whip" cast lanyard pin, shown below.



Now, there's nothing wrong with the pin, and I find it rather cute, but getting the same pin from 3 different pin games wasn't what I wanted (besides, I already had this pin, and even had a few to trade on the lanyard that I was wearing).

So now, in the spirit of turning lemons into lemonade, I decided, what they heck. If the Pin God has somehow designed it that I should randomly get this pin from 3 different pin games, then who am I to refuse? Therefore, I have made the decision that one of the types of pins that I will collect is the Chip 'N Dale "Dole Whip" pin. So far, not counting the one I have in my frame, I have 6 of them. I'm going to put them either on a lanyard, or on my hat. I'm going to start trading for them and see just how many I can get. We'll see how successful I will be.

Zz.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

That is funny that you recieved 3 of the same pins durning pin games! I just got into pin collecting and trading myself this month. I stumbled onto your blog while looking for groups out there that trade Disney pins. Great blog and if I ever come across a Chip 'N Dale Dole Whip I will let you know so you can add it to your growing collection :).

Have a great day!
Amanda