Monday, January 26, 2009

Haunted Mansion 40th Anniversary

We originally did planned on attending this Haunted Mansion 40th Anniversary event at Disneyland this coming Sept. But last minute work scheduling forced me to cancel. Still, I was keeping an eye out on the registration process that started on 20th and 21st of Jan. It turned out that it was almost a disaster from what I've read and have been told.

The registration webpage crashed, and many of the packages got sold out within a couple of minutes. Since each person had to do their own registration, there are stores of couples who only had one of them with a confirmed registration while the other either got on a waiting list, or simply flat out could not register.

Ignoring the fact that Disney definitely limits the number of people who can attend one of these things, the crashing of a webpage is simply inexcusable anymore these days, especially for an event like this (we're not talking about tickets to the superbowl here, folks!). Did Disney underestimated the pent-up demand for such Haunted Mansion events, considering that they haven't done any Happy Haunts events since before 2005? Hello? I could have told them that! If I were going, I would have had two different webpages opened for registering both of us, ready to go do the process right at the very tick of the clock when it opened! And I bet you, there were thousands of people who were doing what I had planned. I already guessed that when the event registration process was announced. If I can anticipate this, why can't Disney?

And speaking of webpages, is there a more annoying and slow webpage than Disney.com? C'mon now. Why is it so slow? And what's with the Passholder page being neglected like that? One would think that these are the group of people that Disney wants to "cultivate" and keep happy. I myself have stopped going there regularly unless I'm looking for a passholder event or special deals. There's simply no reason to.

Zz.

No comments: