Friday, July 10, 2009

Dole Whip Pin Update 3

If you've missed my quest to collection as many Chip 'N Dale dole whip pins, you might want to read up on them first.

So as some of you know, I've been trying to collect as many of this pin as I can get my hands on. But what do you do with them? I'm sure the Pin Gods, who have ordained it onto me to be the custodian of these pins, will want me to display them in some fashion. And that's the key word here, "fashion". :) :)

So I decided to mount these pins onto a vest. I specifically went out to Macy's one day to look for such a vest, and lo and behold, I found a couple of them, and they were on sale too! I have mounted all my dole whip pins onto one vest so far.

The newly decorated vest made its public debut at a Windy City Pin Trader monthly pin meet a week before we left for our last WDW trip for the Museum of Pin-tiquities pin event trip. Of course, everyone admired it, especially those who had contributed to my collection and went out of their way to find me the pins. So I thought, why not bring the vest along with me to the pin event at WDW?

So I did! I will have to say that it became a minor hit. I had to repeat the story on why I'm collecting the identical pin every time I met someone, or while standing in line to play one of the pin board games. Everyone loved the story. In fact, several people that I told the story too came back and looked for me when they found dole whip pins in some pin trader books. It seemed that everyone was determined to help me expand my collection. And I did! I think I added about a dozen more to the collection.

So here is the vest that I wore at the pin event.


As it is now, I have exactly 40 dole whip pins. And hopefully, I will find more....

:)

Zz.

No comments: