Monday, April 26, 2010

Keeping Old Annual Passholder Tickets

Did I ever mentioned that the WDW Annual Passholder Webpage SUCKS?!

Now that we got that out of the way, here's the Theme Park Ranger's account of his renewal attempt and subsequent trip to WDW to renew in person.

Now it was Disney’s turn. And, surprise, despite multiple times I couldn’t get the Disney Web site to accept my ticket number. It insisted it wasn’t valid… despite the fact I’d been using it for a year.

So, I finally broke down and drove to Downtown Disney to renew in person. And here’s the kicker: When you renew in person, they take away your expired annual pass.

I was a bit disappointed in this. I’m not a big scrapbooker or anything, but this was the first time in 10 years of annual-pass ownership that my pass featured my favorite character, and I kind of wanted to keep it around. You know, set it on my desk at work to think of happy times, or something.

No dice. The lady at Guest Services was polite but firm. “We have to turn it in,” she said.


Of course, this makes no sense. As he has stated, he could have renewed online and would have been able to keep the old pass. So what's the big freaking deal? Not only that, I know for a fact that I've kept many of my old annual passes when I renewed in person. I've even remembered the cast member asking if I wanted to keep them.

I have a lot of respect for cast members. But some time, they either make things up, or they are given conflicting information such that the "rule" is uneven. Check out my rant about applying the Disney Visa and Passholder discount from my last trip this past December. Oy! No quicker way to annoy your guests than to have inconsistent and conflicting information!

Zz.

No comments: