Saturday, May 12, 2007

50 Most Influential Visual Effects Films of All Time

The Visual Effect Society (VES) announced the 50 most influential visual effects movie of all time. 8 Disney and Pixar movie made the list, with Tron topping at No. 8. Others that made the list are Who Framed Roger Rabbit (16), Toy Story (22), Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest (23), 20,000 League Under The Sea (25), Mary Poppins (32), Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (45), and Darby O'Gill and the Little People (50).

I must say that I've seen all of those movies, except for Darby O'Gill. I'm totally ignorant about that one. Has anyone seen it?

And I also can't recall the last time I saw a picture of John Lasseter not in a loud Hawaiian shirt! :)

Zz.

2 comments:

Klark Kent 007 said...

Darby O'Gill had brilliant "forced perspective" work in it. Highly reccommended!

ZapperZ said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm looking around to see if there's a copy available.

Zz.