Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Extreme Vacation: Disney World With 6 Preschool Children!

I was horrified just from reading the title of this trip report, because I was half expecting an adult to be having a nervous breakdown or a kid being shackled to the bed as the end result. While the actual trip report falls short of that, there were times that it sounded very horrifying close (and LOUD as well).

Fortunately, this is a rather hysterically funny trip report. It certainly is funny when you don't have to live through something like this:

No. 1 twin Ava, exuberant and vociferous at 3, took the running and screaming past the bounds that had already been drawn for her numerous times at dinner by her mom and Auntie Joy. Unfortunately for her, it was on Uncle P's watch and he had to drop the hammer.

The threatened punishment was to go back to the hotel room, so back we went. Kicking. Screaming. Hitting. (That little fist was a surprise.)

So I sat in the room with her while she cried and cried and cried, actually got sick for a second, then cried some more until my sister came by to pick her up. That kid's got pipes.


I love my nieces and nephews very much, but even I would not want to be put through that. It is why they have parents and I love them a whole lot because they simply go home at night, or I can pass them on to their respective parents and say "It's your kid. YOU handle it!"

:)

Zz.

No comments: