Thursday, May 31, 2007

WDW May/June 2007 Day 3

OK, it is a bit of a pain and rather tedious to post pictures on here, especially when you want to post a lot and have it appear in the same section that you have your text. So I'll wait till after I'm done with this trip to post those pictures. In the meantime, you'll just have to read about it and use your imagination. :) I might post a picture or two, but not a whole series of them.

We started out at AK for the Breakfastosaurus. It was a lot of fun. Mickey, Donald, Pluto, and Goofy were all there. Our server, Mikesaurus, was particularly fun and "goofy" and kept us all entertained (I gave him an extra tip even though the tip was included with our Dining Plan). We actually arrived an hour early than our reservation at 8:50 am. But since AK has the early Extra Magic Hours today, we thought that even if we could not get an early seating, we would be able to do the park before it opens to everyone. Well, we actually did get seating early. So we ate and then did Everest. We actually did Everest twice. In between we were at Camp Minnie and Mickey and also saw Festival of the Lion King.

And oh, we were the FIRST guest to drive into the AK parking lot. We've never done that before.

After AK, we then headed over to The Magic Kingdom. Of course, we asked to sit in the front cab, and we had a terrific ride. Even got the Monorail Pilot "license". So watch out!

We left MK to pick up our friends from the Orlando airport. After they checked in, we came back to the MK to do SpectroMagic and Wishes. SpectroMagic was fine as usual. However, I think they were showing us the "light" version (no pun intended). Having watched this parade many times (and with 2 versions of it in my video collection that I've uploaded), I tend to remember it very well. This time, many things were either parred down, or simply didn't work! The "mountain" didn't open up to reveal chernobog! That was the biggest disappointment of the night! I hate it when they skimp on us like that.

We then moved to Main Street to see Wishes. I was going to snap pictures of it (as if I don't have enough already), but just as I started to snap a few, I had a low battery signal. I could have switched battery, but I thought I should just enjoy the show. So I only got a few pictures.

Today, we're going back to Disney-MGM and spend the morning there. Later in the afternoon, we'll head to Epcot and will do dinner at Marakesh and stay for IllumiNations. Epcot has the extra Magic Hours this evening, so we'll see how much energy I have left tonight to stay up that late.

Zz.

No comments: