Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Disney: Delights and Doubts

This might be an interesting reading. It was published in the journal of Research for Consumers and studies the nature of how Disney theme parks present themselves to the consumer or "guests".

I'm sure I am totally bias on this, but some of the criticism towards the end of the article are rather simplistic. I mean, we ALL are aware that we tend to suspend reality while we are there, but never at any point are we disconnected to it. For example, I fully enjoy having interactions and having pictures with the characters. Often get into the whole spirit, but I still have, in the back of my mind, that these are real people dressed up in these costumes. Some time, a cigar is just a cigar, and some of these social researchers read way too much into things.

Zz.

No comments: