Saturday, March 24, 2007

Disney Is Possibly Considering Releasing Song of the South?

Tell me that I'm not dreaming!

Only earlier this month was there an article that explains why Disney won't be releasing Song of the South. It seems that in an effort to not create any more controvery with the movie, Disney wants to simply forget about it.

Now comes little morsel of hope that many Disney is reconsidering the decision. This is after the question by a few shareholders to Bob Iger about the movie during the last shareholders meeting in New Orleans.

"The question of 'Song of the South' comes up periodically, in fact it was raised at last year's annual meeting ..." Iger said. "And since that time, we've decided to take a look at it again because we've had numerous requests about bringing it out. Our concern was that a film that was made so many decades ago being brought out today perhaps could be either misinterpreted or that it would be somewhat challenging in terms of providing the appropriate context."


This is certainly better than the response we got last year.

I have never seen the whole movie, so you can imagine why I am eager to really see it, not only because I want to judge it for myself, but also because I've only gotten a glimpse of the theme based on the gazillion times I've been on Splash Mountain.

Zz.

No comments: