Saturday, March 17, 2007

My First Windy City Pin Traders Meet

I'm a Disney pin collector (shock!). I got into it rather recently, and started to really collect Disney pins after the Pin event at Epcot in Sept. of 2005. I met many terrific people at that event, and a few of them were from Chicago, or moved from Chicago. They all told me of the local group in the Chicagoland area that regularly meet to do their own pin trading each month.

We haven't had the opportunity to attend one of them till today. So we attended our first Windy City Pin Traders meet. It was at a Fudruckers in suburban Addision. I only have one thing to say about it: IT WAS A LOT OF FUN! We were sorry that we didn't get to do this earlier.

We brought a few pins to trade, and got a lot of awesome pins. But more importantly, we made re-acquaintance with familiar faces and made several new friends. These are some of the nicest people you'll meet. To me, this is half of the fun of collecting pins - the meeting and interaction with people, be it other collectors, kids, or cast members.

Anyway, we had a wonderful time. Needless to say, unless something comes up, we look forward to attending the next one. If you're in the Chicago area and you collect pins (or even if you don't but just want to be around people who likes Disney theme parks), I would highly recommend coming to one of their meetings. They welcome everyone even if you don't have a single pin to trade. Check out the Windy City Pin Traders website for more info. You'll have a wonderful time!

Zz.

No comments: