Monday, June 11, 2007

The Art of Animation

I think many people tend to skip this part of Disney-MGM Studios, where you go into a studio and learn how to draw a Disney character. This is too bad because other than having a good few minutes to sit down and cool off, you actually do learn how to properly draw a Disney character.

I've done this several times, but strangely enough, each time, I get to learn how to draw Mickey. Just the luck of the draw I guess. Last Sept. 2006, I got to draw Mickey's head, which didn't turn out too badly.


This past trip over May/June 2007, I also got to draw Mickey, but with a slight difference. Rather than drawing him straight on, we learned how to draw Mickey in profile. It was rather fun drawing something familiar yet new at the same time. So here is what I sketched. Again, if I may say so myself, it doesn't look half bad, no?


:)

Zz.

No comments: