Saturday, February 09, 2008

Healthy Choices Hard To Find At Disney World?

Just after I wrote about food quality at WDW restaurants, along came an article questioning on whether one can seek healthy food at WDW. It appears that this writer found a very limited choice if one wants to go healthy, especially in terms of kids meal.

Read the article, I think that the quantity isn't an issue here (one doesn't have to eat everything off a plate). It is more of whether one can find a wide variety of healthy choice for snacks and counter service meals. One can find a larger variety of healthy meals with table service.

Interestingly, the responses to this article actually provide suggestions on how one can, in fact, get healthy options. And to Disney's credit, they are trying to provide that option more and more, considering that such a move was started only recently.

I just wish that they don't use iceberg lettuce as the main ingredient in most of their salads, especially for quick service meals. If I am having a salad, I'd prefer to get as much nutritional value out of it as I can. Iceberg lettuce is nutritionally deficient, not to mention, tasteless (I did warn you earlier that I'm a food snob, didn't I?). :)

Zz.

No comments: