Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Roger Clemens Bows Out of Disney's ESPN Weekend

We saw this coming from 10 miles away, didn't we?

Roger Clemens was scheduled to appear at the upcoming ESPN Weekend prior to the release of the Mitchell Report that implicated him using human growth hormone. Well, not surprisingly, he has now cancelled.

"I had been looking forward to ESPN The Weekend. Given some strong feelings in some circles today, I believe my current participation could be a distraction," Clemens said in the statement. "The event should be an occasion for fun by all and I want that to be the case for everyone involved. So I will not be coming at this point in time but I look forward to participating in some future event."


I don't think he'll come next year either, but that's just a haunch.

Zz.

No comments: