Friday, April 11, 2008

3D Glasses With Disney's Blu-Ray Disks?

Whoa! I swear, I'm not psychic! (If I am, don't you think I would already have a TV show and made millions?)

In one of my posts recently on Disney's decision to also release all of their future animation movies in 3D version, I made this comment at the end of it:

This is certainly very good news to me because, so far, the DD 3D movies have been fantastic visually. So with the strong storyline that Pixar is known for, the combination of the two should make for quite an experience at the movies.

Too bad they don't make them available for home viewing.


Now along comes this rather sketchy report that Disney will start including 3D glasses with the release of the Blu-Ray version of Hannah Montana movie concert! Holy Cow! I hope this is true. It means that the 3D versions of all the previous and future movies can be released for home viewing! Think "Nightmare Before Christmas"!

Now, I don't know if the technology and the optics are similar enough, but it would have been convenient to be able to use the same 3D glasses that we used in the movie theaters to view the 3D Blu-Ray version. What? You didn't keep those 3D glasses? Tough! :) Well, the reason here being that those glasses were quite comfortable to use, and if they use the same or similar 3D technology, it didn't strain the eyes at all to view it. I'm guessing that they aren't going to use some old technology to project the 3D effects, that would only destroy the advantage of the Disney Digital 3D.

I would love to see Meet The Robinsons in 3D again, AND the 3D animated short they showed with the 3D version of the movie, which was Donald Duck with Chip 'N Dale in .... er... was it "Working for Peanuts"? This short was not included in the DVD release of Meet the Robinsons.

Zz.

No comments: