Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Expedition: PINS Update

Our next trip to WDW will start on May 1st. This trip is mainly to attend the pin event at Disney's Animal Kingdom called Expedition: PINS.

Several pins will be released at that event, and to get them, one has to fill out a Random Selection Process (RSP) forms. Depending on the edition number of the pins, one will get selected by random to get the pins that one requested. We got the result of our RSP this past weekend, and I got all the pins that I wanted from my first RSP (we're given 3 sets of forms, allowing for 3 sets of RSPs). So I'm quite happy with the result, especially since I got the framed pin set that I wanted.

I'm really looking forward to this pin event, because this is going to be a rather new event that they haven't done before. We hear rumors that there will be lots of free gifts (we already know that we're getting a pin bag with the registration), and dinner is included. While the registration and pin trading activities will go on during the afternoon of May 2nd at Coronado Springs, the main event will occur after hours at DAK, where we will have the park all to ourselves! Strangely enough, they're not letting any pin trading activities to go on during the DAK event. So for those of us who will have our own vehicles, it will be convenient to just leave our pin-trading books in the car, rather than going back to our resort from Coronado Springs and then drive back to DAK. I'm expecting lots of games and prizes, and I'm expecting most of the attraction to be running. I've never done Expedition Everest at night before, so this will be exciting.

30 more days and counting....

Zz.

No comments: