Thursday, April 24, 2008

New Restaurant Concept for Downtown Disney?

In the ever evolving nature of Downtown Disney and Pleasure Island, a new restaurant is being planned for the Downtown Disney area at WDW.

The Orlando-based multi-concept restaurant group says the new 5,000-square-foot, two-story casual eatery will feature authentic Central and South American food, specialty tequilas, premium wines and live music on Downtown Disney's waterfront.


This doesn't sound too bad! I am always for more exotic offerings in terms of food at WDW, i.e. I don't want to see the same old thing that I can get easily. While it would have been more in line with the "theme" if such a restaurant can be built at the World Showcase at Epcot (it would stick out like a sore thumb, though, without an accompanying pavilion), I am glad to see that they are trying different ethnic variety at Downtown Disney. I know that there's already Irish and Cuban cuisine in that area, but I still think there's a shortage of ethnic variety in that area. In fact, I think that something like the failed Noodle Station at the Magic Kingdom might work as a Downtown Disney establishment. It is quick, and cheap, and would add another counter service eatery there. My suggestion would be to build it somewhere on the West Side because there's a lack of counter service eatery there, but unfortunately, that are of Downtown Disney doesn't see as much foot traffic at Marketplace.

Zz.

No comments: