Tuesday, April 08, 2008

US Tax Rebates To Fund Disney Vacation?

I read this blog on what US taxpayers might do with their tax rebates, and it is suggested that the biggest beneficiaries might be Disney theme parks, especially WDW. It is certainly conceivable that some might do that (i.e. plan to use the money for a vacation, not necessarily just to go to WDW), but with the uncertainty in the economy and rising cost of travel (both gas and airline tickets prices), how many would opt to just stay home and either save the money, or pay down their debt? In other words, the money may not create any "stimulus" to the US economy in terms of increase consumer spending.

I know that I am certainly not going to change my pattern of spending with or without the tax rebates. I am certainly not going to increase my trip to WDW based on it - I'm already planning on going there 4 times this year!

So, if you are expecting a tax rebate, what do you plan to do with it? Will you consider using it to go to WDW, or if you are already planning on going there, will it make you spend more?

Zz.

No comments: