Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Disney/Pixar Making A Movie Based On "Don Quixote"?

Just after we got the release date of the highly-anticipated Disney-Pixar movie Wall-E, along comes a rumor from Magical Mountain that the can't-miss team is now planning on making a movie based on "Don Quixote" and will be titled "Up".

"Don Quixote" followed the tale of a man who has read so many books and stories that he becomes certain that he is a knight, and along with a friend of his, Sancho Panza, goes off and lives out many adventures, including fighting giants, which in reality, are only windmills.


This sounds awfully daunting. I'm also trying to think if Pixar has ever made a movie based on an existing source. Still, if this turns out to be true, they might want to rethink of that title. If I didn't know any better, it could be a sequel to "Jump". :)

Zz.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where is it that you heard this rumor? I'm very interested to know because my blog is about Disney but it's all in Spanish...and Don Quixote is a huge symbol of Spanish literature...you can respond at my blog disneymundo.blogspot.com or e-mail me at serenade4strings@hotmail.com if you'd like. I would really appreciate it! Thanks in advance.

ZapperZ said...

I obviously forgot to post a link to the story on Magical Mountain. I've remedied that and included this link.

Zz.

Anonymous said...

Thanks...I ended up finding it after doing a search on google. I couldn't have thought of that before because that would have been smart. ;-) Take care.