Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Disney Dreams

This is a rather moving story of a young boy who has lost all of his eyesight, and yet, still remembers what Mickey looks like. The community is getting donations so that he and his family can go to Disneyland.

Reading stories like this just reinforces my realization on how lucky we are to not only be able to go to WDW and enjoy all of what it has, but also to be able to do it a few times a year. For many families, such a thing is often a once-in-a-lifetime event. For even more families, it means saving for years for a week of enjoyment. A colleague here at work is bringing his family for the first time to WDW this Sept. While he and his wife have been there a long time ago, the two boys are going there for the first time ever. While they are not desperate for money, they do watch their spending quite a bit, not just to pay for daily expenses, but also for the kids' education. So it is quite understandable that that they are careful with money and that going on vacations like this isn't something they can do often.

So with my help (since I'm the "resident" Disney expert here at work), I told them about the upcoming Magic Your Way package that not only provided a very attractive deal for a family of 4, but also gives them the FREE Disney Dining Plan, which I've mentioned on here already. The whole deal proved just too attractive to miss, and they will be going to WDW this coming Sept. Needless to say, the kids are overjoyed. I was told that the eldest boy was almost speechless when he was told that they will be going to WDW.

So yes, each time I either read or hear something like this, I consider myself lucky to be able to go to WDW (and even once to Disneyland last year) on a pretty regular basis. Our next trip is for the Pin Event at Epcot in early Sept., and then we will be going for 9 days in late Sept/early Oct. (Yes, as I've clarified to startled faces of coworkers at work, I will be going to WDW twice in one month), which is all the more reason for me to be thankful.

Zz.

No comments: