Thursday, July 26, 2007

Mickey Mouse To The Rescue of NY Subway Riders?

Well, this is a rather creative idea. Why not "sell" advertising space at a New York City subway station to Disney? This is what a member of the NY's Metropolitan Transit Authority wants to do to avoid a fare hike.

What I am asking is at the same time we take the opportunity to look at different areas of raising funds to help support, if there is going to be an increase, to lessen the burden on the public. Example: I would rather try to sell 42nd Street’s subway system underground to Disney for $60 million a year and have them paint it any way that they want to paint it. They spend $100 million for one minute to be on the Super Bowl on a Sunday. I think that they would spend X amount of dollars in rent for that terminal. I think 34th Street would do it. I think other businesses around the state and the city would do it. That would lessen the burden on the public.


That's a rather novel idea. In fact, for Disney fans, it might even be an attraction in itself! :) If they have Disney characters there every morning to greet passengers, I'm moving to New York!

:)

Zz.

No comments: