Monday, July 09, 2007

More on The Wand

As expected, one of the hottest topic of conversation around various Disney fans websites this past week is the official announcement of the removal of the wand from Epcot's Spaceship Earth structure. Some of it has gotten so nasty that there's now name calling of people who either (i) hated the wand and called for its removal or (ii) liked the wand and wanted it to stay. It got to the point that people who are in one camp or the other are being accused of not being "true" Disney fans, etc... Whatever!

I read some of them, and all I can do is shake my head, because this is becoming utterly silly. Of course, as someone who had no problems with the wand in the first place, I'm indifferent to whether it stays or goes. I will miss it when it is no longer there, though. But do I have a strong opinion way way or the other? Nope. I am more ticked off that Disney is IGNORING Epcot's 25th Anniversary than whether the Wand stays or goes. That, to me, is more of something to be "offended" about.

So now I'm waiting for some Disney fans to accuse those of us to have no strong feelings about the Wand as being fence-sitting Disney fakes. :)

Zz.

No comments: