Friday, July 06, 2007

The Wand on Epcot's Spaceship Earth is Coming Down

It's official! The wand on Spaceship Earth that is the vane for many Disney purist, is coming down.

Epcot Vice President Jim MacPhee said Thursday that the time has come to remove the Mickey Mouse arm, glove and wand that have served as a colorful, lighted Epcot sign -- and as a lightning rod for criticism from many longtime Epcot fans.


As I've said before, I don't have a preference either way, and unlike many Disney fans, I don't find the wand to be "offensive" at all. On the other hand, I LIKE the Sorcerer Hat at Disney/MGM Studios. It give a well-defined focus and "icon" to the park that has none before it. So I certainly disagree with many Disney blogs and purists out there regarding The Hat. I hope they don't remove it.

Now, if only they'll do something about not celebrating Epcot's 25th. I find that to be more offensive than the wand.

Zz.

No comments: