Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Disney in Hawaii

Of course, the other big news from Disney that occurred while I was on vacation was the announcement of the building of a new Disney resort on the island of Oahu. I heard about this on one of the morning news while at WDW, and while I was at the theme park that morning and chatting with a DVC cast member, he reiterated that there will be a substantial DVC section of the resort since DVC members have requested such a resort on Hawaii for a long time. This is confirmed in this news report.

Jay Rasulo, chairman of Disney Parks & Resorts, said Hawaii was one of the most requested destinations for the Vacation Club's 350,000 members aside from the company's theme parks.


I wonder how many points per night it will cost for such a resort? :)

While DVC member can actually already use their points at certain resorts in Hawaii, these are usually part of their package that costs a lot more points than if one were to use them at a Disney-owned resorts. So DVC members have always asked for actual Disney resort since they cost less, and Disney resorts tend to also have the "Disney experience" (characters, etc.).

I can certainly see myself taking advantage of this. Too bad they are not building this on Kauai. I love that island after my first visit there back in 2005.

Zz.

No comments: