Monday, October 15, 2007

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party Oct. 4th, 2007

OK, so I've decided that since I didn't get a chance to do the day-by-day report on the last trip, that I would instead report separately on the 3 major events that we attended while we were at WDW last time, plus a few miscellaneous tidbits here and there. The first report will be on the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party on Oct. 4th.

This is our first time attending this event, and it was fantastic! I had a lot of fun, especially when I dressed up as a "cook". I had a chef's hat and an apron. Both the hat and apron had the phrase "Kiss The Cook" on them. But I also bought a small Remy plush that I put in the pocket of my apron. So he was sticking his head out. Many people who saw it immediately got the Ratatouille connection.

Anyway, the evening was extremely humid that by the time I walked through Main Street, my back was already drenched in sweat! Still, it could have been worse, we could have been rained on. Luckily, the rain held off the whole evening.

Magic Kingdom was nicely decorated with Halloween items. However, it was a bit disappointing that the decorations were only confined to Main Street, the Hub, and Toontown. The rest of the Magic Kingdom had colorful lights, but no Halloween decorations, at least not that I can see.

Here are some pictures of the decorations. I especially like the extra "creatures" they put on buildings or around the grounds.









Of course, the first attraction we went to was the Haunted Mansion. The exterior of the building has rather spooky lighting, which made it even a lot more fun.


We had been on this ride a couple of days earlier, which was the first time we were on it after its recent rehab. Let's just say that this is now a FABULOUS attraction. The new stuff they have added to it has done nothing but enhanced this whole attraction. I now love it, LOVE IT, more than before.

An interesting observation that night was that the hidden mickey that's no the dining room table with all the ghost was missing the right ear. This hidden mickey was intact when were saw it a couple of days earlier, but on that night of the 4th, it wasn't intact. Wonder if one of the ghosts moved it? :)

We also did Pirates of the Caribbean before heading out to Liberty Square to find a good spot for the parade. I did get a lot of pictures, but they didn't come out that well because I was assuming that it would be like SpectroMagic, with lots of lights. It wasn't. If you don't have an external lighting, the pictures won't come out bright. And if you use longer exposure, the object will be blur since they're moving during the parade. Still, the Boo To You parade was a lot of fun. Luckily, they have a second parade later that evening after HalloWishes, and that is the parade that we videotaped that I mentioned in an earlier blog post. These are the pictures from that 2nd parade that evening.




There were plenty of ghosts and zombies walking around, and not just the guests dressing up.



The highlight of the evening, at least for me, was the spectacular HalloWishes. I hope you have seen the video that I have uploaded on it. Still, the video doesn't do it justice because at some point, the fireworks was along the parameter of Main Street. It was wonderful. Here are some pictures that I managed to get of the fireworks.




I also took a picture of Main Street at night during this event on my way out. I really like the blue/red color that kept moving and shifting.


Out front, the view towards the train station is gorgeous. Along with the banner for the event, I'd say this was the most "festive" spot with the best Halloween decorations.



It was a terrific evening and a terrific event. I was very pleased that I finally got to do this. So now, maybe next year, I'll do the christmas party next! :)

Zz.

No comments: